This website is owned by Asset Alliance Leasing Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 09929633 and registered office is at Edwin House, Boundary Industrial Estate, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EL. Asset Alliance Limited is part of a group which is made up of different legal entities, including:
- Asset Alliance Ltd., a company incorporated and registered in Scotland with company number SC370796 with its registered office at Laigh Brownmuir House, Glassford, Strathaven, ML10 6TX
- ATE Truck and Trailer Sales Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 03001122 with its registered office at Edwin House, Boundary Industrial Estate, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EL;
- Forest Asset Finance Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 04953180 with its registered office at Edwin House, Boundary Industrial Estate, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EL
- Total Reefer Ltd, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 08647071 with its registered office at Edwin House, Boundary Industrial Estate, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EL
The companies are collectively referred to as “Asset Alliance Group”
- what personal data we may collect from you;
- how we will use, store and protect your personal data;
- with whom we may share personal data; and
- your rights under relevant data protection laws.
This website may contain links to and from other applications, plug-ins and websites of other networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they (and any services that may be accessible through them) have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these apps, websites or services. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use such services.
Under data protection laws, we must have a legal basis in order to process your personal data. The legal basis on which we may process your data in order to carry on the purposes of our business of informing, marketing, selling and fulfilling our contractual obligations relating to Commercial Vehicles, Buses and Coaches is Legitimate Interest.
Through our website we will not collect any personal data from you beyond the GDPR approach we refer to below which relates Technical data around IP addresses and standard google analytical information. We do not process this data for profiling or persona data collection purposes.
We collect your personal data in a number of ways:
- Directly: contact and identity data directly provided by you when you fill in online forms or correspond with us in any way, for example when:
- From third parties/public sources:
- Google Analytics (based outside the EU); Google Analytics is a standard website analytical too, that we use to record the quantity of visits, sources of visits and page visit activity. The information obtained in this way, which includes demographic data and browsing patterns, is only used in reporting on general traffic levels and is not used to profile visitors or identify personal data.
- Advertising networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google based inside OR outside the EU; Recorded (pixel tracking) information is used to verify the source of your visit to understand the effectiveness of different advertising and marketing media in attracting your visit and following your behaviour in that visit (and not subsequent visits). It is not used to identify personal data.
- IP information providers such as Lead Forensics based inside OR outside the EU; Lead Forensics is a tool that reports information on visitors from IP addresses listed on the UK business directory. It reports only on a small number of companies who visit our website and does not collect any personal data. From those visitors, it allows AAG companies to understand the company name and publicly available business contact details and we then use this information to consider contacting them to establish the degree of legitimate interest in our services with a view to supporting their enquiry.
We do not undertake any profiling or automated decision-making. We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide the requested services to you;
- in accordance with our legitimate interests (in circumstances where your interests and fundamental rights do not override our interests);
- to personalise your experience on the website;
- to provide customer service, including to respond to your enquiries and fulfil any of your requests for information;
- to send you important information regarding our services and/or other technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- in order to comply with a legal obligation. This applies where the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law;
- to protect our legitimate rights, privacy, property or safety, and/or those of a third party and your rights do not override those interests.
We conduct marketing communications on the basis of Business 2 Business purposes. In some instances this may be to Sole Traders and Partnerships and in the undertaking of business sales and marketing and service communications, we will do so on the basis of Legitimate Interest while ensuring data considered to be personal is managed according to our GDPR policy.
It is important to us that we only provide you with tailored offers and promotions for services which you may want or need. You will therefore only receive such offers from us if you have met with our policy of meeting Legitimate Business Interests and thereby deemed to consent to continue to receive such communications provided they are considered to be infrequent, unobtrusive and at all times business related, and of course when you have not at any point opted out from, receiving marketing communications from us.
Opting out from receiving marketing communications from us is easy and you may do so at any time by contacting us using the clearly identified Opt Out link. We will process your request to be opted-out of marketing within 30 days of receipt.
We will not share your personal data with any company outside of the Asset Alliance Group for marketing purposes.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing communications, we may still process your personal data for other required purposes, as specified in section 7 above.
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed. This means that your data will only be retained for as long as it is still required to provide you with services or is necessary for legal reasons. When calculating the appropriate retention period for your data, we consider the nature and sensitivity of the data, the purposes for which we are processing the data, and any applicable statutory retention periods. Using these criteria, we regularly review the personal data which we hold and the purposes for which it is held and processed.
When we determine that personal data can no longer be retained (or where you request us to delete your data in accordance with your right to do so (please see section 13 below for more information)), we ensure that this data is securely deleted or destroyed.
For more details about our retention periods, please contact our Data Protection Lead, Richard Burchell at email@example.com
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
In order to protect your personal data, Asset Alliance Group has appropriate organisational and technical security measures. These measures include restricting access to your personal data to certain employees, ensuring our internal IT systems are suitably secure, and implementing procedures to deal with any suspected data breach.
In the unlikely event of a data breach, we will take steps to mitigate any loss or destruction of data and, if required, will notify you and any applicable authority of such a breach.
Transfers to members of our group
We may share your data with other members of the Asset Alliance Group.
Transfers to third parties
There may be circumstances in which we may also need to share your personal data with certain third parties, including third parties located outside of the EEA.
The security of your data is important to us and we will, therefore, only transfer your data to such third parties if:
- you have expressly consented to your data being shared with specific third parties;
- the third party needs to access the personal data for the purposes of providing any contracted services to you;
- the third party has agreed to comply with Asset Alliance Group’s instructions, required data security standards, policies, and procedures and put adequate security measures in place;
- the transfer complies with any applicable cross border transfer restrictions and suitable safeguards have been put in place; and
- a fully executed written contract that contains suitable obligations and protections has been entered into between the parties.
As mentioned above, we will only transfer your data where suitable safeguards have been put in place. These safeguards are intended to ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to your data wherever it may be transferred and include:
- only transferring your personal data to countries which have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- where your data will be transferred outside of the EEA, entering into specific contractual terms which have been approved by the European Commission and which give personal data the same protection as within the EEA; or
- where your data will be transferred to the US, ensuring that the third party to which we are transferring your data is part of the Privacy Shield.
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we process and hold about you. These include:
- Right to rectification: you have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to require us to delete your data, subject to certain legal requirements.
- Right to restriction of processing: you have the right to require us to restrict the way in which we process your personal data. You may wish to restrict processing if, for example:
- You contest the accuracy of the data and wish to have it corrected;
- You object to processing but we are required to retain the data for reasons of public interest; or
- If you would prefer restriction to erasure.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to obtain from us easily and securely the personal data we hold on you for any purpose you see fit.
- Right to object to processing: you have the right to require us to stop processing your personal data should you wish the data to be retained but no longer processed.
- Right of access: you have the right to request access to personal data that we may process about you.
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right at any time to withdraw consent allowing us to process your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity (such as a copy of your driving licence or passport) and address (such as a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- specify the right you wish to exercise.
We will respond to requests made by you within one month.
We will not charge a fee for you to exercise any of the rights listed above.
For almost any modern website to work properly, it needs to collect certain basic information on its users. To do this, a site will create files known as cookies – which are small text files – on its users’ computers. These cookies are designed to allow the website to recognise its users on subsequent visits, or to authorise other designated websites to recognise these users for a particular purpose.
Cookies do a lot of different jobs which make your experience of the Internet much smoother and more interactive. For instance, they are used to remember your preferences on sites you visit often, to remember your user ID and the contents of your shopping baskets, and to help you navigate between pages more efficiently. They also help ensure that the advertisements that you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. Much, though not all, of the data that they collect is anonymous, though some of it is designed to detect browsing patterns and approximate geographical location to improve user experience.
Some websites may also contain images called ‘web beacons’ (also known as ‘clear gifs’). Web beacons only collect limited information, including a cookie number, a timestamp, and a record of the page on which they are placed. Websites may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign (for example by counting the number of visitors).
Information collected by cookies and web beacons is not personally identifiable
You should also be aware that you have the right to raise any concerns in relation to how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Name of DPL: Richard Burchell
Email address: Richard@assetallianceltd.co.uk
Postal address: Edwin House, Boundary Industrial Estate, Stafford Road, Newmains WV10 7EL